Metaverse: the new frontier of business and digital marketing – Part 2
In the previous article, we talked about what the Metaverse is, what its main features are, and what opportunities it offers for business. Let us now see how Marketing can take advantage of the opportunities of the Metaverse.
Marketing in the Metaverse: challenges, opportunities and advantages
We have mentioned that the Metaverse is a unique platform for companies and offers them a multitude of opportunities to reach customers and create innovative marketing experiences.
What are these opportunities?
- real-time events and exhibitions for customers from all over the world. This not only increases brand visibility, but also enables more direct and personalized interaction with customers.
- virtual shop windows and online shops that customers can explore interactively. This helps create an immersive and engaging shopping experience that customers can try from anywhere in the world.
- customer experience innovative ed uniche. Le aziende possono creare un’esperienza di prova virtuale, che consenta ai clienti di provare i prodotti o i servizi in modo interattivo e coinvolgente.
- innovative and unique customer experiences. Companies can set up a virtual trial experience, allowing customers to try out products or services in an interactive and engaging way.
Marketing activities done in the Metaverse offer several advantages:
- Experimentation: The Metaverse offers the possibility to experiment with new marketing channels for companies, allowing them to reach a different audience than traditional channels.
- Creativity and Innovation: The Metaverse provides a platform for creativity and innovation, allowing new solutions to be experimented with and audiences to be engaged in new and engaging ways, achieving a level of customisation of the experience that can reach each individual customer.
- Reach Engagement: the possibility of having a unique immersive experience in the virtual world and interacting with the products and services of the companies, promoting customer engagement and trust in the Brand.
- Community building: marketers can leverage the social nature of the Metaverse to create communities of users around their products and services, increasing their level of engagement and loyalty.
- Data analysis: by collecting data on user interactions and preferences, the Metaverse provides valuable information for tailoring marketing strategy.
- Global connection: The Metaverse enables companies to connect their customers worldwide in a secure and interactive way, increasing the reach of marketing activities.
In short, the Metaverse offers new opportunities to reach one’s audience in an innovative, engaging and personalised way, while gathering valuable information on their behaviour and preferences.
The challenges to overcome to make the Metaverse “real”
Despite the Metaverse’s immense potential, there are still many challenges to overcome to make this virtual world a reality.
The access to the Metaverse still requires expensive and sophisticated hardware, as well as augmented reality viewers and powerful computers. Moreover, the user interface is still rudimentary and unintuitive. This makes it difficult for users to interact with the virtual world and limits their ability to create and participate in immersive experiences.
The production of high-quality immersive content for the Metaverse requires a lot of time and investment. Most current experiences in the Metaverse are still limited and not very immersive. This is especially relevant when referring to Generation Z, which is used to the enjoyment of high-quality digital content in a quick and easy way, and will only be willing to inhabit a parallel environment if it is a more beautiful and imaginative place than the real one.
Nowadays, there are several virtual and augmented reality platforms for accessing the Metaverse (Decentraland, The Sandbox, Zepeto, Spazio Somnium, Horizon Worlds, VRChat and many others) but it lacks a standard platform that allows users to access virtual worlds in a transparent and interconnected way.
Finally, there are still many uncertainties regarding the regulation of the Metaverse and the protection of users’ privacy and rights. This could limit the growth and development of the Metaverse as a global platform.
However, despite these limitations many organisations, both large and small, are investing time and resources to overcome these challenges and create a Metaverse that is accessible, interactive, engaging and safe for all.
Considering of the above, it is therefore predictable that the Metaverse will become an increasingly important part of digital life in the near future.